In order to prevent the degradation of your laptop’s battery and preserve its ability to charge and discharge, follow these simple tips:
- Do NOT leave your laptop plugged in at all times.
- Turn off and unplug the laptop when not in use.
- Discharge the battery once a month by unplugging the laptop from power and leaving the laptop on.
- To prevent the laptop from entering Sleep Mode, type ‘Edit power plan’ into the Window search bar and then press Enter.
- Change the option for ‘Put the computer to sleep:’ under ‘On Battery’ to ‘Never.’
- Wait for the laptop to turn off and then you may plug it into power and reset the option for ‘Put the computer to sleep:’ under ‘On Battery’ to the desired time.